Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Cover!

Wow.  I woke up early this morning and found the image for my book cover in my email box.  This is going to be one of my all-time favorite days, I think.  Just seeing it makes it feel so real!

And I love the cover.  The production manager at Salmon is really terrific.  We worked together for several months on this back in the fall, and it was really tough to find the right image.  I still was a little worried about it until I saw it today, and realized it's exactly right.  I posted it on Facebook and a friend asked if it was a mountain range or a whale's tale (it's a boat).  That comment made me like it more than ever--that it could encompass all of those things, and be a little bit enigmatic is wonderful.

Seeing this book today really feels like I imagined it would feel, all those years ago, when I decided to try and write.  The writing, editing, working with friends, and publishing experience has been so wonderful and rich; I'm so grateful.  I've been so lucky to have so many writing friends help with this, and such a good publishing house to work with (Siobhan didn't give me a hard time at all about changing that sestina).  I'm one lucky, lucky girl.

No comments: